Definitions for ORS to 162.425.
As used in ORS 162.055 to 162.425 and 162.465, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Benefit means gain or advantage to the beneficiary or to a third person pursuant to the desire or consent of the beneficiary.
(2) Material means that which could have affected the course or outcome of any proceeding or transaction. Whether a false statement is material in a given factual situation is a question of law.
(3) Statement means any representation of fact and includes a representation of opinion, belief or other state of mind where the representation clearly relates to state of mind apart from or in addition to any facts which are the subject of the representation.
(4) Sworn statement means any statement that attests to the truth of what is stated and that is knowingly given under any form of oath or affirmation or by declaration under penalty of perjury as described in ORCP 1 E.
(5) Unsworn declaration has the meaning given that term in ORS 194.805. [1971 c.743 §182; 1981 c.892 §90; 2003 c.194 §4; 2013 c.218 §18]