Chairperson; quorum; participation of all members; rules.
(1) The Governor shall select one of the members of the State Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision as chairperson and another member as vice chairperson, for such terms and with duties and powers, in addition to those established by law, necessary for the performance of the function of such office as the Governor determines.
(2) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for decisions concerning rules and policies.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, decisions affecting individuals under the jurisdiction of the board shall be made as designated by the rules of the board.
(4) Except as otherwise provided by statute, all board hearings are presumed to be panel hearings.
(5) The chairperson of the board may require all voting members of the board to participate in any hearing or decision requiring at least three board members. The decision to require the participation of all board members is not appealable.
(6) The board shall adopt rules concerning the number of board members that participate in board hearings and decisions. [1969 c.597 §106; 1973 c.836 §283; 1975 c.217 §3; 1981 c.644 §3; 1989 c.589 §1; 1991 c.126 §2; 2015 c.820 §39]